Special track on Description Logics
Giuseppe De Giacomo
This year marks the 25th edition of the International Workshop of Description Logics (DL). To commemorate this anniversary, JAIR invites submissions to a special track on description logics.
Submission is open from September 15, 2012 to November 15, 2012.
Scope of the Special Track
We invite original contributions on all aspects of description logics, such as:
- foundations of description logics, including expressive power, decidability and complexity of reasoning, novel inference problems, and reasoning techniques for solving these problems
- extensions of description logics, including, but not limited to, closed-world and nonmonotonic reasoning, defaults, epistemic reasoning, temporal and spatial reasoning, procedural knowledge, and query languages
- integration of description logics with other formalisms, such as object-oriented representation languages, database query languages, constraint-based programming, logic programming, and rule-based systems
- use of description logics in applications or areas such as ontology engineering, ontology languages, databases, semi-structured data, document management, natural language, learning, planning, semantic web, and grid computing; and
- building systems based on description logics, with special emphasis on optimization and implementation techniques;
Submitted papers will be subject to the standard JAIR reviewing process (with reviewer selection and acceptance decisions made by the editors of the special track). Papers should be submitted via the normal JAIR web-based process and clearly identify that they are submitted to the special track on Description Logics in a note under "Special information for editors" on the submission form. For more information see JAIR's policy on special tracks:
Further instructions and publication requirements can be found at:
Accepted papers will be published over a period of time in different volumes of the journal. Once all the accepted papers are published, the special track will be generated.